The last step to my el cheapo at home facial series is steaming.
These are my favorite herbs to steam my face with. The mix includes roses, jasmine, calendula and lavender. Their benefits are:
a. Roses not only smell amazing, but they are a major skin rejuvenator.
b. Jasmine has calming qualities when taken internally as well as used externally. It’s believed that jasmine also helps with relief to skin afflictions.
c. Calendula is full of anti oxidants and is used in many anti-aging creams.
e. Lavender is antiseptic but also is good for healing skin irritations.
Steaming your skin is insanely easy.
1. Grab a pot and fill it with water.
2. Dump the herbs in and bring to a boil. I used a heaping tablespoon of each. You can eyeball how much you want to use.
3. Go wash your face so there is nothing between you and the steam.
4. Check on the pot. Once the herbs and water start boiling and steam is rising, turn off the stove and put the pot on a trivet or something that will protect the counter or table where you will be steaming.
4. Put your face over the steam and using a towel, cover your head like a tent.
5. Wait 5 minutes. Take breaks if you need to. Done.
I love steaming because it opens up your pores and all the good herbal essences from the herbs get in them bad boys and clean house. The best part is that you don’t really need to use herbs, but it’s nice to have some because you get extra benefits from steaming. I mean, you could have just stood in the shower and absorbed the steam too right?
So check out my el cheapo 3 step at home facial. I noticed a significant difference once I started doing this regiment weekly after about 2 weeks, but you may have different results.